This is sort of last minute, but we’re just putting a feeler out there.
2011 Topps Lineage comes out on 8/3 and we are on the fence about ordering some. Currently we think the best way to handle it, if we are able to get a case, is to hold a group break for the case right here on the blog.
The price is subject to change somewhat, but we’re looking at about $35/team as it stands now. That would give you the entire 10 box case’s contents for your team.
Here’s a link to the checklist, courtesy of Sports Card Radio
Here’s a little info about the product for you to decide.
Configuration: 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.
3 Hits In Every Hobby Box!
– Two Autographed Cards with at Least 1 On-Card Autograph
– One Relic Card
– 75 of the game’s past greats sign their name directly on reprint versions of the most beloved card design of all time – 1952 Topps! Immortal legends such as: Yogi Berra, Ralph Branca, and Monte Irvin sign reprints of their original 1952 cards, while younger legends such as Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax and Nolan Ryan are honored with signed on-card reprints from other popular Topps sets.
– Ten legends-in-the-making make the cut and appear along with their autograph on the 1952 design. Each of the 85 autograph subjects salute Topps 60th with a Canary Diamond autograph parallel version numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY!
60TH ANNIVERSARY AUTOGRAPHED CARD CONTINUITY PROGRAM
Sixty players past and present have signed these cards along with an additional inscription wishing Topps a “Happy 60th!” All autographs and inscriptions are signed directly on each numbered to 60 card. HOBBY ONLY!
1975 Minis Relic Cards
– Colorfully bordered mini cards replicating the popular 1975 design are highlighted with a relic piece from stars past and present.
60Th Anniversary Jumbo Relics
– These 25 cards highlighting the best to ever play the game feature a die-cut number “60” containing a JUMBO game-used relic swatch. Each player’s card is numbered to 25. HOBBY ONLY!
– The same players depicted on a numbered to 5 JUMBO Patch version. HOBBY ONLY!
BOXLOADER – 1 Per Box!
– Featuring 20 of today’s stars, these cards mimic the original 1964 Topps Giants design and postcard size. Available in Topps Giants Relic parallel version featuring game-used jerseys and bats and numbered appropriately to 64.
– Designed after the revered “test-issue” 1968 3D set, featuring 25 stars of today, utilizing life-like 3D technology, and inserted 2 PER BOX!
Topps Cloth Stickers
– Modeled after the 1972 test set, these brightly hued fabric cards display 50 subjects on the Lineage base card design, and unlike the original are actual stickers. 2 PER BOX!
– Topps updates a tradition begun in 1959 with these 25 Spanish language variation base cards. 2 PER BOX!
– Twenty 2011 Rookies displayed on cards featuring the standard 1980’s Rookies insert design. 4 PER BOX!
Topps Stand Ups
– These colorful die-cut cards, patterned from the 1964 set, are designed to be displayed when folded. Twenty-five current stars as well as reprinted cards featuring players from the original set will be included. 2 PER BOX!
60Th Anniversary Celebration
– Randomly inserted cards redeemable for a Topps 60th Anniversary ring. HOBBY ONLY!
PARALLEL CARDS – 18 Per Box!
The entire base set is paralled as follows:
– Sparkling cards numbered 1/1. HOBBY ONLY!
– 800 base card plates numbered 1/1. HOBBY ONLY!
– The popular 1975 design, serendipitiously including some subjects from the original set such as Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson, and Tom Seaver.
– Glittering rainbow foil cards adorned with the Topps 60th Anniversary logo.
– Dazzling diamond bordered cards.
We’d like to take advantage of our retailer’s license to provide some good box and case breaks at relatively low prices, but we’re not sure if this is the product to kick off the series. Please let us know if you’d be legitimately interested in participating so we can make a quick decision.